Best Indian Dinner Recipes | Easy Dinner Recipes
Dinner Cooking Tips It’s summer which means that lotus stem, pumpkins, okra, litchi and watermelons are in the seaso The market bristles with sun-kissed mangoes and deep-green vegetables, so all you need is an expert to guide you through what to cook. According to Dr. Shalini Singhal, founder & chief nutrition consultant at Diet and wellness clinic, Delhi says “Make sure to eat a light and early dinner in the summer. Include a whole lot of vegetables, some proteins like beans and pulses for vegetarians and meat or fish for non-vegetarians.”
She added, “You can also start your dinner with soup, fruits or low-fat yogurt to avoid eating too much. Avoid foods that can be difficult to digest and wrap up dinner 2 to three hours before you sleep”.
Dr. Sonia Narang, dietitian and nutritionist at the Diet and wellness clinic in Delhi said “Indigestion is common in the summer so keep it simple, keep it light. Try and eat a lot of steamed food like idli and dhokla. Some other foods you can include: cold soups, olives, tomatoes, lassi, plain bread, boiled dal and salads.”
Keep it CoolCertain foods help you cool down and hydrate you during the summer months. Cucumber, tulsi seeds in your food, coconut water, pineapples, watermelon, sprouts, lemon, coriander, mint leaves and the likes. Try and add these to whatever you cook. You can also use a whole lot of yogurt which helps bring a light and cool element to your dish.
Now, it’s time to cook some really good food. Here’s a roundup of 17 jaw-dropping Indian recipes that you can cook for your family:
1. Lemon Chicken Lemon, chicken, dried chilli, garlic and some seriously delectable sugarcane juice is all you need for this fantastic recipe. Try this different yet amazingly delicious version of a chicken at your next dinner party and you wouldn’t be able to resist coming back to this chicken recipe!
2. Chettinad Fish FryGet your daily dose of perfect protein. Pieces of surmai fish marinated in garlic, cumin, fennel, curry leaves and tomatoes are pan-fried in refined oil and served hot. This fish fry recipe has a host of delectable spices used for marination giving it a unique touch.
3. Guilt-Free Galouti Kebab If you want good food but kind that doesn’t go straight to your hip, then here’s the perfect recipe. Soft and succulent galouti kebabs made with olive oil and pure ghee. Just the right mutton appetizer you have been searching for, made absolutely in a healthy way!
4. Dum Aloo LakhnawiYour family will thank you for this absolutely fantastic bowl of dum aloo cooked Lakhnawi style. Take some potatoes, crumbled paneer, kasuri methi, butter, onions and some ghee.
5. Keema BiryaniWho ever said no to Biryani? A luscious biryani made with minced meat, almonds, raisins, yogurt, onions, garlic, ginger and milk. It’s one of those dishes which don’t just make your dinner table look good, but also leave your house smelling fabulous.
6. Dum Paneer Kali MirchA lovely take on the unusual paneer gravy: Small chunks of paneer cooked with cinnamon, fried onions, black pepper, ginger, garlic and yogurt to make this gorgeous and fragrant curry. Paneer cubes are cooked in flavourful spices in a dum or pressure, where steam can’t release, making it a dish bursting with aromatic flavours.
7. Shahi Egg CurryEggs are a versatile food that can be cooked for any meal of the day. From breakfast to dinner, it can be a go-to food. Here is a mildly-spiced egg curry made with garlic, onions, a whole lot of kasuri methi, fresh cream, yogurt and fresh coriander. It can be paired with plain chapati, paratha, rice, biryani or pulao depending upon your choice. You can also serve pickle along with it.
8. Malabari Prawn CurryA light prawn curry cooked with grated coconut, coriander seeds, ginger, chilli and some shallots will make the perfect hero on your dinner table. Pair it with some steamed rice and you’ve got yourself a winner of a dish.
9. Makhmali KofteA rich gravy made of khus khus, coconut and milk that tastes best with koftas made from khoya. This velvety and creamy recipe will leave you licking your fingers. Makhmali kofte can be your go-to dish for dinner parties as this is quite different from other kofta recipes and extremely delicious.
10. Dal MakhaniA Punjabi staple, Dal Makhani is a quintessential Indian dish with many variations found in different regions of our country as well as abroad. It is often made in Indian homes for dinner and can also be made for dinner parties. A luscious, creamy dal recipe loaded with butter, this can be served with naan or paratha or accompany with some cooked rice. Impress everyone by cooking one of the most popular forms of dal. Cook it right and it sure to get you praises.