UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) has recently introduced the release of PVC-Based Aadhaar cards. This card is easy to carry and is durable. It will have a digitally signed secure QR code with photographs and demographic details equipped with many security features. UIDAI says that even if your mobile number is not registered with the Aadhaar card, you can order this card.
The government, to address this problem, has launched PVC Aadhaar Cards. PVC stands for Polyvinyl Card, which looks similar to the size of an ATM Card. One can carry the PVC Aadhar card in their wallet easily because of its smaller size. Citizens can avail of these portable-sized Aadhar Cards by registering on the official portal residentpvc.uidai portal.
Features of the Aadhaar PVC Cards
It is more durable, convenient to carry
It has good printing quality and it comes with lamination
It has the latest security features including a hologram, Guilloche Pattern, ghost image & Microtext.
The card is completely weather-proof.
It contains the embossed Aadhaar logo.
What are the charges for applying for the Aadhaar PVC Card? An individual will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 50 (inclusive of GST and speed post charges) While ordering the Aadhaar PVC Card.
Click on the ‘Order Aadhaar Card‘ service. [Direct Link]
- Enter your 10-digit Aadhaar number (UID) or 16-digit Virtual Identification Number (VID) or 28-digit enrollment ID.
- Note the security code.
- Select the option of the registered number to get OTP. If the mobile number is not registered, fill in the optional number if available.
- Click on ‘Send OTP’.
- Tick ‘Terms and Conditions’ after approval. (Note: Click on the hyperlink and see the details)
- Click ‘Submit’ after completing the ‘OTP’ verification process.
- After clicking on ‘Make a payment’, you will be taken to the payment gateway, where you will get the option of Credit / Debit Card, Net Banking, and UPI.
- Receipt of payment will be successful, it will have a digital signature on it. You will get the service
- request number via SMS. You can use this number to track the process until the card is delivered.
- Important Notes for Request Aadhaar PVC Card
- Order Aadhaar card by paying Rs 50/-(inclusive of GST & Speed post charges)
- Use your Aadhaar Number/Virtual Identification Number/EID to order an Aadhaar card.
- Aadhaar card comes with security features i.e. Digitally signed Secure QR code, Hologram, Ghost image, Guilloche pattern, etc.
Aadhaar PVC Card FAQs
What are the different forms of Aadhaar and what are their features?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced various forms of Aadhaar from time to time for the convenience of residents:
Aadhaar Letter: Paper-based laminated letter with secure QR Code with Issue Date and Print Date. An Aadhaar letter is sent to residents free of cost by ordinary post in case of new enrolment or mandatory biometric update. If the Aadhaar letter is lost or destroyed, the resident can order a reprint online at a cost of Rs. 50/- from UIDAI’s official website. Reprinted Aadhaar letter is delivered to the resident by speed post.