Kanchipuram Idlis Recipe
Mildly spiced idlis made with rava, rice and a stuffing of fresh vegetables. Quick, easy and delightful!
Ingredients of Kanchipuram Idlis
2 cups rice
4 Tbsp sooji or rava
1/2 cup chopped carrots, french beans and mashed green peas and salt to taste.
How to Make Kanchipuram Idlis
1. Grind rice after soaking it in water for 4 hours.
2. Make this into a thick batter, adding roasted rava to the batter.
3. Add salt and the finely chopped vegetables.
4. Put into the idli mould in portions and steam for 10 minutes doing this in batches.
5. Serve hot, preferably with ghee.